Friday, March 28, 2008

what students say

March 11, 2008

Dear Ewa,

I would like to thank you for educating me on how to do gesture drawings and learn about the shape of our bodies. I did not like art very much before and thought it was very hard but your talent and kindness inspired me to do more art and see how easy it was…The sculpture process was really cool. My favorite part about it was painting the sculpture. At that part we got to think outside the box about what role we wanted our sculpture to play. I really liked it when you showed your process and tricks to drawing because most artists just show their work. You taught me a lot and inspired me, so I hope to see you again,

Sincerely,
Liam


…My favorite part was you modeling. That really caught my eye.
- Emily

…doing contour drawings. it was fun and funny how they turned out.
- Lexi

…At first I thought art was really boring and not that exciting, but now I know that art is funner than I thought. What motivates you to go to other schools and share all your work with people?
- Spencer

…Thank you for teaching me that when you’re working on art it doesn’t have to be perfect. I enjoyed the time we worked together…Modeling, I always thought, was just about walking down a hallway and looking good. But I learned that modeling can be used in art in so many ways. And blind contour, who knew that drawing without looking could be so fun…
- Emily Z

…We had a wonderful time. People around the school such as the students and teachers are commenting on the beautiful sculptures you helped with. You are a great artist and you should never give it up. Thank you for walking through my classroom door!
- Kylie

…I loved to do the wire sculptures with you. My favorite subject in school has always been art but I don’t think I have ever had so much fun. You inspired me to do more art and take more time to be better at my art. I think the other kids will love to have you in their classroom.
- Christal

No comments: